COMMUNITY COACHING (suitable for Kids of Mud)
PART 1: Let’s Ride! Community Cycling- Initiation (CCI) is the NCCP context for coaches who will primarily work with novice, pre-competitive cyclists at the community level, including participants in the Active Start, FUNdamentals and early Learn to Train stages of athlete development. The program is simple, based on a number of pre-designed lesson plans, and adaptable to the varying skill and ability levels of participants. The focus of the program is on having participants develop skills which are basic to MTB, BMX, and Road, in a controlled, off-road, off-trail setting such as a sport field or parking lot.
PART 2: CCI training has two parts – the “Let’s Ride!” CCI workshop, and a Basic Bicycling Skills workshop. The first workshop provides information on ethical coaching, participants and their needs, basic practice planning, equipment and other important information for coaches of beginner cyclists. The second workshop provides an opportunity for “on-bike” practice in skill teaching and analysis, practice coaching and use of provided lesson plans. The community initiation classroom course must be completed before you complete the Basic Bike Skills workshop. On completion, coaches have “Trained” status in NCCP.
Course Dates Confirmed in Winnipeg (Sport for Life Center, 145 Pacific Avenue):
- Community Initiation – Saturday, April 22 9am-4pm. Sport for Life Centre
- Basic Bike Skills – Sunday, April 23 9am-4pm. Sport for Life Centre-NEW
- Basic Bike Skills – Saturday, April 29 9am-4pm. Sport for Life Centre
- Community Initiation – Saturday, May 6 9am-4pm. –FULL!
- Basic Bike Skills – Sunday, May 7 9am-4pm – Sport for Life Centre –FULL!
Course Dates Confirmed in Parkland (Russell, MB, venue TBA):
- Community Initiation – Saturday, May 13 9am-4pm. Russell (location TBA)
- Basic Bike Skills – Sunday, May 14 9am-4pm. Russell (location TBA)
$60.00 per course
Monika Robertson (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Requirements to become a Community coach:
Click here Coaching Standards Policy