Date: September 11, 2011
Designation: St. Adolphe Mud Fest – Cross
Host Club: Olympia Cycling Club
Race Organizers: Lesley Gaudry, Ian Hall (204.779.2061), Hal Loewen (204.299.5872)
Location:St. Adolphe Park. Turn right on the road just after Darakeh Restaurant – follow the signs to the parking lot.
This is race #1 of the 2011 cyclocross cup series. Details about the series available here. More details about the race available at the Olympia Cycling Club site
Categories and Start Times:
- Kids (U9, U11): 1:00 PM (20 min)
- C Race (beginner and MCA citizen, male and female): 1:30 PM (30 min)
- B Race (sport level male; sport, expert, and elite female): 2:15 PM (40 min)
- A Race (expert and elite male) 3:30 PM (60 min)
*Please see the Cyclocross Racing Manual for full explanations of the categories
Assembly and Seeding: Riders in the B and A races will assemble 10 minutes before the scheduled race start and will be called to the start line in seeded order. Seeding is based on placement earned during the 2010 season. Riders who did not race in 2010 will start at the back of their group.
Registration: Registration opens at 12:00 and ends 30 minutes before your event. To race in the C, B, or A events you must hold a UCI/CCA racing licence, MCA citizen licence, KOM licence. Registration and waiver are available online and at the race site. Please download the form and waiver, complete both and bring to the race with the entry fee.
Cost: $15 for all racers in the C, B, and A, events. $5 for U17 and citizens holding a MCA citizen license, kids (U15 and under) race for free. Cash and cheques only payable the day of the race. Cheques to be made out to the Olympia Cycling Club
Race Course: The course will be open for pre-riding at about following the C race on race day, but no sooner because of a church service at the site. Length will be approximately 2.5 km. The course will consist of grass fields, paths, crushed gravel path, and mud.
- Riders are required to wear a hard-shell ANSI or SNELL approved helmet while racing, warming up, and cooling down.
- Hand-ups (food, tools, or supplies) are not allowed anywhere on the course. A rider may NOT take on any additional water or food at any time during the race.
- Mechanical work, bike exchange, and wheel exchange may take place, but only within the designated pit lane.
- Riders may never cut across the course and may never backtrack along the course to get to the pit lane.
- Road, mountain, and cyclocross bikes are allowed in the C and B category, road and cyclocross bikes only are allowed in the A race. Tires in the A group are restricted to a maximum width of 1.5” for 26”wheels and 35mm for all others. MTB handlebars must not have bar-ends.
- All bikes must have functional front and rear brakes.
- More details are available on the CXMB blog.
Parking: Parking is available in the parking lot.
Courtesy and Safety: The park is a public area and will be marked as closed, but marshals do not have authority to prevent people from entering. Keep your head up at all times. Be courteous to all park users. Please clean up after yourself.
Washrooms: Outhouses are available.