Adult License options for Cyclo-cross season!

Two Adult “Race” license options:

1) Manitoba Adult Citizen License

  • This is an adult introductory license type that has been created by the MCA for Manitoba participants only.  This license type is not recognized outside of Manitoba.
  • **NOTE**Holders of this license type will be allowed to race in the C Race for  regardless of their age or ability (Category 4  is the entry level category on your license).  Holders of this license type can also register for the Open category.
  • This license type is valid for participation at the Manitoba Provincial Championships, however license holders do not qualify for provincial medals.
  • Cup points can be collected but you are only able to use them if you upgrade to a UCI license.
  • This license type can be purchased every year.
  • A photo is not required.
  • You can upgrade from a Citizen license to a UCI license online thru “CCN” anytime (CCN will charge the difference to your credit card).
  • Info on how to upgrade can be found (Here).
  • Please print your receipt from CCN as proof of your upgrade and take with you to each race until your hard card license arrives in the mail. 

2) UCI Adult License

  • This license type allows you to participate in all MCA/CCA/UCI sanctioned races and events for one calendar year.
  • License holders may move up categories based on ability. A written request must be submitted to the MCA inorder to change categories. Please email requests to
  • A photo is required for this license type.
License Category Event Registration
Cat 1/2 A Race (UCI license only)
Cat 3 B Race (UCI license only)
Cat 4 C Race (UCI & Citizen License holders)
Cat 5 “Open” (non-licensed)

Note: All MCA license types are multi-sport meaning that your annual license allows you to race in all cycling disciplines: Road, Mountain Bike, and Cyclocross. Licenses expire each calendar year on Dec 31.

The age listed on your license will be your age as of Dec 31 of that year.