Membership is open to any person, group, or organization interested in subscribing to the goals of the Association.
Join the MCA by applying for an A) INDIVIDUAL Membership, or B) CLUB Membership below.
A) INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS – There are several individual membership types. If you are not sure which one is best for you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (204) 925-5686
- General Non-Racing membership (all ages): This membership type is recommended if you ride with a club recreationally and do not plan to compete in sanctioned races. If you choose this membership type and wish to participate in a race, you can easily upgrade your membership to a Manitoba Race License or a UCI Race License.
- Winter Only General Membership: This membership type is new for 2021! The Winter Only General Membership will allow to you participate in sanctioned club activities from January 1st to March 31st at half the price of a full year general membership. If you wish to continue your membership with the MCA after March 31st, you can easily upgrade to a yearly General Non-Race Membership, Manitoba Race License or a UCI Race License
- Manitoba Race License (all ages). This type of membership will allow you to race in Manitoba sanctioned races under your designated race category.
- UCI Race License (Adult 17+ & Youth U17): This license type will allow you to race in sanctioned races world-wide under your designated race category.
- Technical License: This license type is required for cycling officials, certified coaches, and race organizers. A technical license should be purchased with a General Non-Race Membership, Manitoba Race License or a UCI Race License.
B) CLUB MEMBERSHIP (Affiliation) – allows your club to organize races, club rides, and club activities.
This membership if for a club a official to affiliate their club with the MCA. Affiliated clubs are eligible to apply for MCA directed funding. For more information visit the club tab (Here).
Club Affiliation description (Here).
LICENSE PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
Only UCI race licenses and Technical Licenses require a photo (Adult and youth). Please review photo requirements: (Here). If you are purchasing a General Membership, Manitoba Race License or Kids of Mud membership (race or non-race), you do not need to upload a photo.
Waiver Changes (2018): License/Event Waivers may now be signed online, including Parent/guardian consent waivers. A paper signed waiver will be required if you are not a member of the MCA and join a one-time club try-out or participate in an event where the club has purchased commercial event insurance for non-member participation. All Members who have purchased their licenses online and have signed an online waiver will no longer be required to sign a separate paper waiver at each event. Only non-members are required to sign a paper waiver. For further information please contact the MCA at 204-925-5686.
All memberships are valid from the day you purchase your license until December 31st, 2021 with the exception of the Winter Membership which expires on March 31st, 2021.
WE HAVE GONE DIGITAL!
Once your membership is purchased, you will receive a confirmation from CCN Bikes and link to download your digital license. If you do not receive a confirmation with a link to download your license within 24 hours of your purchase, please contact the MCA at email@example.com. The MCA no longer issues printed cards. However, a printed card can be requested for an additional fee by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a non-racing membership type (General, Youth or Kids of Mud) and wish to upgrade to a race license, you can easily do this by logging back into your CCNBikes account and selecting your preferred membership type. You will only be charged the difference in the cost from your original purchase and a new digital membership will be sent to you.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- TECHNICAL LICENSES DESCRIPTION (2019)
- MCA – Return to Racing Protocol
- MCA – Return to Play Protocol (Adult club rides)
- MCA – Return to Play (Kids of Mud)
WHY JOIN THE MCA ? – (MCA Value)
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS – (MCA Benefits)