- This event has passed.
ROAD – Training Criterium – POSTPONED
April 26, 2017 @ 5:30 pm
Provincial Program Criterium Series
1) Wed, April 26, 2017 – POSTPONED (Alternate date TBA)
2) Wed, May 10, 2017
3) Wed, May 24, 2017
Where: The Grande, Grande Pointe, located on the West side of the Grand Pointe Loop, along Hallama Dr. Sign in and registration will be at the entrance to The Grande in Grande Pointe at the corner of Penny Lane and Calla Drive
Host Club: Manitoba Cycling Provincial Program
Race Categories & Race Start Times: Race(s) are open to Cat 3, Cat 4, Cat 5, and Citizen License holders. Citizen license holders will race with in the Cat 5 category.
- Event 1: Cat 5 – 6:30pm
- Event 2: Cat 4 – 7:15pm
- Event 3: Cat 3 – 8:00pm
Race Format – Timed Raced:
- Classification based on a riders position at the finish of the last lap
- Primes may be offered at the discretion of the race organizer and event commissaire, and will take place on the finish line
- Race Length:
- Cat 5: 20min + 2 laps
- Cat 4: 25min + 3 laps
- Cat 3: 30min + 3 laps
– Lapped riders will not be allowed to contest any primes or finishes; however, they will be allowed to rejoin the main pack as long as they don’t interfere with the outcome of the race.
- * The length of race listed above is an estimate; the race commissaires will determine the race length used the day of the race based on attendance, weather, and road conditions.
Race Course: The Grand Loop is approximately 1200m in length, running in a clockwise direction. Start finish is located approximately 300m north of the Calla Drive & Penny Lane corner.
Parking: Parking is available at the site, along Penny Lane, before Calla Drive.
Eligibility: The race is open to all those with a valid UCI/CCA/MCA license. MCA citizen license holders will participate in the category 5 race.
Cost: Payable to “Manitoba Cycling Association”. Costs are minimal to cover the expenses of hosting the races.
- Youth (18 years or younger): $5
- Adult (19+ years of age): $10
Race Day Registration: Race day registration for the Provincial Program Criterium opens at 5:45pm and ends 15min before your event start. Please print out and bring the entry form [hyperlink to the file] and waiver (18 and Older; U18) [hyperlink to each file], fill out, and bring with you to the race. You must present your race license, payment, entry form and waiver at registration to participate in the Provincial Program Criterium race. All participants under the age of 18, must have a parent signature on the forms to participate.
- Cat 5 Registration: 5:45pm – 6:15pm
- Cat 4 Registration: 6:15pm – 7:00pm
- Cat 3 Registration: 7:00pm – 7:45pm
Courtesy and Safety: The course is semi-closed, with public access open to traffic but controlled by marshals. Signs will indicate that bike race is in progress, but be aware that marshals do not have authority to prevent people from entering the course. Keep your head up at all times. Be courteous to others.
Washrooms: No Washrooms are available at the course.
Race Cancellation based on Weather: The Provincial Program Criterium race will be cancelled if it is raining on the course at 6:00pm on race nights. We will update the Twitter Account (@ManitobaCycling) of any cancellations. If rain occurs during a race, the race will be stopped at the discretion of the race commissaire.
Complete Race Bible CLICK HERE
– Registration Form CLICK HERE
– 18 & Older Waiver Form CLICK HERE
– Under 18 Waiver Form CLICK HERE