- This event has passed.
ROAD/CX – Commissaire Training
March 10, 2019 @ 4:00 am - 11:00 am
The MCA is pleased to announce they will be holding a Road and Cyclo-cross Officials Course
Commissaires play a critical role in our sport, ensuring that cycling races are held in the best possible conditions and that races are run fairly by ensuring that the rules are uniformly applied. The MCA is pleased to provide the entry level course for those that are interested in becoming a Road and/or Cyclo-cross Commissaire.
The structure of the course is as follows:
· Technical: 2 days of classroom training that will introduce you to the basics of being a Commissaire as well as fundamental officiating skills. The goal of the training at this level is to build awareness and understanding of how to apply the regulations while learning to execute the officiating skills for the Road & Cyclo-cross discipline competently
· Day 1 : General knowledge, soft skills, Cyclo-cross and Road.
· Day 2: Road, bike fitting, simulated race tracking and equipment overview.
· Upon completion of the course, each candidate will be expected to successfully pass a Practical Assessment at a Road or Criterium event via officiating in a training capacity under the guidance of the instructor.
· NEW this year: Active MTB commissaires attending Day 1 will receive their Cyclo-cross Commissaire Level C license, no requirement to pass a Practical Assessment. New candidates that only want their Cyclo-cross Commissaire license must pass a Practical Assessment, which could be taken at a Criterium event or the first Cyclo-cross event in order to be fully licensed for Cyclo-cross season.
Upon successful completion of the Practical Assessment:
· Road/Cyclo-cross officials are required to maintain their license by committing to a minimum of 3 events each season.
· Cyclo-cross officials are required to maintain their license by committing to a minimum of 3 Cyclo-cross events each season.
· MTB/ Cyclo-cross officials must commit to at least 1 Cyclo-cross event to maintain their CX license.
NOTE: A minimum of 3 participants is required for the course to be held.
· Day I: Saturday March 9 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
· Day II: Sunday, March 10 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
· Location: Sport for Life Centre, 145 Pacific Avenue
· Arlene Woodcock (National Road Commissaire, Canada Cycling Commissaire Learning Facilitator, Provincial Chief Road/Cross Commissaire, Manitoba Cycling Association)
How to Register:
· Email email@example.com by February 28th, provide your name and phone number, and intent for Road/CX or CX. You will be contacted to confirm your registration. Space is limited!