- This event has passed.
November 7 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Race Categories and fees
1. Kids Race for U13…FREE
Kid’s race – Free
Kids must have a 2021 General Membership, MB Race License or UCI License. If the child does not have either, you can purchase a one-day permit:
-One-day permit kids age 10 and under is $5
-One-day permit for kids 11 and older is $20
2. Category Race for U13 – U17 Years Old…$20
The race fee for U13 – U17 racers, regardless of what category they are in, is $20.00
Must have a MB Race License or UCI License. If the child does not have either, you can purchase a one-day permit:
-One day permit for for kids 11 and older is $20
3. Category Race for Adults…$30
“A – Race” fee is $30
“B – Race” fee is $30
“C – Race” fee is $30
-Must have a MB Race License or UCI License.
-If you do not have either, you can purchase a one-day permit
-One-day race permit is $20 in addition to the race fee.
Who can race?
- UCI or Manitoba licenced racers can race in categorized races.
- If you do not have a 2021 race licence, you may purchase the one-day permit for $20 or you can upgrade to a Manitoba Race Licence. Upgrade before registering for the event and choose to purchase a MB Race Licence and you will only be charged the difference plus the processing fee (approx. $35 difference).
- There will be a 2 kids races. One for the U11 (Age 10 & under) kids with a bit more experience (such as Kids of Mud kids) and a second race for the younger kids with less racing experience. Kids WILL NEED A LICENCE OR A 1-DAY PERMIT TO RACE.
- Note: there is NO OPEN adult race (The “Open Race” concept that the MCA used to have back in 2019 no longer exists) however, if someone wants to try a race, the one-day permit is required to participate. The day permit is NOT insurance.
Schedule (may need to be adjusted based on registrants)
9:30 – Sign In Opens. All racers MUST sign in before their race or they will be considered a “Did Not Start”. Sign in closes 30 minutes prior to your event, please arrive in plenty of time to sign in for your event, especially if you need a new number!!
10:00 – Course opens for pre-riding for kids (Adult racers not allowed on course)
10:30 – Kids Event: U11 kids and younger, U13 kids with less racing experience; male and female (Kids will be broken into two groups based on age)
***course change over***
11:30 – Course opens for pre-riding (Approx., please listen to announcements)
12:00 – B Event (call ups at 11:50)
12:50 – Course opens for pre-riding (Approx., please listen to announcements)
1:15 – A Event (call ups at 1:05)
2:30 – Course opens for pre-riding (Approx., please listen to announcements)
2:50 – C Event – Women and all U13 – U17 (call ups at 2:40)
3:30 – C Event – Men (call ups at 3:20)
4:30 – Course tear down
Due to COVID concerns, there will NOT be food or water available to racers. Please come prepared.
Regular Cyclocross rules will be enforced. For example, all racers in the ‘A’ and ‘B’ events (Cat 1/2/3 women and men) require a Cyclocross style bike. This means:
- Maximum width of tires = 33 mm
- Road style handlebars (NO straight bars)
- Maximum width of handlebars = 50 cm
- C category racers will be allowed to race on a mountain bike if you don’t have a cross bike.
- A safe bicycle in good working order is required. The Commissaires can exclude bikes that are deemed unsafe. A proper cycling helmet must be worn…NO EXCEPTIONS.
This is a public park so there is no liquor licence. As such please don’t consume alcohol or supply it to any of the racers.
Assembly and Seeding
Riders will assemble 10 minutes before the scheduled race start and will be seeded in accordance with current MCA cyclocross rankings.
RIDERS MUST WEAR A MASK TO THE START LINE. RACE OFFICIALS WILL TELL YOU WHEN YOU CAN REMOVE YOUR MASK BEFORE THE START OF THE RACE. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
For the heroes (top 3) of each race (Cat. A, B and C) cash prizes will be awarded. There will also be candy for the kids’ which will be handed out after their race.