CANADA GAMES LEGACY TRAIL, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, RECEIVES VOLUNTEER SUPPORT FROM MCA MEMBERS!
Thanks to Wayne Bishop, Alex Man, and the Provincial Cycling team athletes, parents, and coaches, Bison Butte is back in good shape. With the exception of the green loop which is flooded at the south end, all other trails are rideable.
On behalf of the MCA, and the cycling community at large, thank you to the four teams of socially distanced workers who gave their time to this effort yesterday.
Here’s what was accomplished:
- Wayne’s World: all features groomed/ruts removed.
- Landings patched for the drops.
- Culvert installed in the washed area (east side).
- Ruts groomed before/after the jumps on the north flow line.
- Pruned tree-line trail.
- Groomed south rock drop.
- Mowed all trails.
- Removed dead trees and stakes on the hill
- Picked up garbage.
How can you help?
Stay off trails when wet to avoid creating ruts
Report any maintenance requirements into the MCA. Bison Butte Trail Inspection.