Do you have a passion for cycling?
Are you interested in teaching/instructing?
Does developing other coaches in the province interest you?
Are you looking for a part-time/seasonal “side-hussle”?
Manitoba Cycling is looking to build capacity for cycling development in Manitoba. Our goal is to train coach learning facilitators who can facilitate coach training (both online and in-person) approximately 4 to 6 times a year (primarily in the spring). Clinics are typically 4 to 6 hours in length, have 10-15 participants and faciliators earn $200.00 – $300.00 per clinic which includes course prep and set-up.
What is a Learning Facilitator: A Learning Facilitator is an experienced coach trained to develop, support, and challenge coaches in training. NCCP Learning Facilitators / Coach Developers help coaches hone and improve their knowledge and skills so they can provide positive and effective spot experiences for all participants.
Who makes a good facilitator?
- Active listener
- Strong communication skills
If this sounds like a good fit, don’t miss this chance to attend Cycling Canada’s online training session with other coaches across Canada and for Free!!
WHAT: Content Specific Learning Facilitator training
WHEN: March 28 and 29
WHO: Lead by Paul Jurbala – Master Coach Developer
HOW: Via Zoom (See instructions to register below)
Coach candidates must be:
- Community Trained or Comp-Intro Certified in order to take the training.
- Coaches must have completed Making Ethical Decision (MED) and Learning Facilitator Core Training prior to attending this training.
REGISTER: Register through the Cycling Canada LMS. Passcode to register is CCLF2023!
Available MED and Core Trainings in Manitoba:
- Core Training for LF’s
- https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/8140 (February 19)
- MED Courses
- https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/8142 (February 25)
- https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/8204 (March 11)
- https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/8206 (March 21)