Date: September 17, 2011
Designation: DarkCross, Race #2 of the Cyclocross Cup Series
Host Clubs: Fort Garry Bike Club, Red River Racing
Race Organizers: Chris Huebner, Kevin Kilbrei
Event Website: darkcross.ca
Location: Red River Co-op Speedway, across from St. Adolphe, MB on Hwy 75.
Directions: 5 min. south of St. Norbert on Hwy 75. Turn right at the sign for the speedway. See map here.
Categories and Start Times:
- 4:00 pm – Gates Open
- Course open for pre-riding
5:00 pm – C Race (30 Minutes)
Men Cat 4, Women Cat 4, Kids (U13, U15, U17)
6:00 pm – Kids Race (20 Minutes), modified course
Kids U7, U9, U11
7:00 pm – Open Race (30 Minutes)
For riders who don’t have race licenses
8:00 pm – B Race (40 Minutes)
Men Cat 3; Women Cat 1/2/3; U15, U17
9:30 pm – A Race (60 Minutes)
For an explanation of cyclocross categories, see the following summary.
Staging and Seeding: Riders in the A, B, or C races will assemble 10 minutes before the scheduled race start and will be called to the start line in seeded order. Seeding is based on placement earned in previous Cup Series races.
Registration: Registration opens at 4:00 pm and ends 30 minutes before the scheduled start of your race. For the A, B, or C races, all racers must hold a UCI/CCA racing license or MCA citizen license.
Registration and waiver form are available online. Please download the form and waiver, complete both and bring to the race with the entry fee.
Cost: $15. Citizen license holders are $5. Kids under 13 race for free. Cash and cheques only. Make out cheques to the Fort Garry Bike Club.
Race Course: The course will be open for-riding at 4pm on race day. The course will be mix of hard packed dirt, gravel, and grass. Length will be approximately 2.5 km to 3km.
- Riders are required to wear a hard-shell ANSI or SNELL approved helmet while racing, warming up, and cooling down.
- Hand-ups (food, tools, or supplies) are not allowed anywhere on course. A ridermay NOT take on additional water or food at any time during the race.
- Mechanical work, bike exchange, and wheel exchange may take place, but only at the designated pit area.
- Riders must never cut across the course and must never backtrack along the course to get to the pit lane.
- Road, mountain, and cyclocross bikes are allowed in the 30 and 40 min. races. Mountain bikes must not have bar ends. Cyclocross bikes only are allowed in the 60 min. race. Tires in the 60 min. race are restricted to a maximum width of 1.5” for 26” wheels and 35 mm for all others.
- For additional equipment regulations, see here.
Parking: Parking is available on site.
Washrooms: Washrooms and changing areas are available on site.
Food: Food is available to purchase on site (burgers, fries, pizza, etc.). There will also be a bar serving beer.