The MCA Annual Awards Banquet took place at the Rossmere Country Club on Saturday, November 19th.
Congratulations to all Award Nominees and Recipients !
1) Order of Sport Excellence Certificates:
Certificates were presented to all Athletes who medaled at Provincial and National Championships. Click (Here) for Award Recepients.
National Championship Medalists were as follows:
|Chris Prendergast||National Champion U19 Men – Criterium / Provincial Champion Junior Expert – Mountain Bike; Junior – Criterium & Road Race|
|Leah Kirchmann||National Champion Ominium Elite Women, Road Race Espoir Women, Time Trial Espoir Women|
|Nettie Neudorf||National Champion ITT, Women 40+, Provincial Master B, Criterium Master B|
|William Boersma||National Challenge MTB U15 Sport Men, Provincial Champion Mountain Bike, ITT, Criterium, Road Race U15, Cyclocross U17|
|Don Sawatzky||50+ National Championships 2nd Men’s Road Race; 3rd ITT Provincial Champion Master C – Criterium & Road Race|
|Jenna Shackleton||National Challenge U15 Novice Women -2nd Mountain Bike|
|Kailen Shackleton||National Challenge U15 Novice Men – 3rd Mountain Bike|
|Marian Pyszczek||National Champion Criterium 3rd, Men’s 50+|
|Oliver Evans||National Challenge MTB, U15 Novice Men 2nd, Provincial Cyclocross U15|
2) Manitoba Cup Jersey Champions: Mountain Bike and Road Cup Race Winners received Jerseys. Cyclocross winners were acknowledged (Jerseys pending).
Click (Here) for Cup Jersey Winners
3) Annual Awards. This is a peer/membership nomination. All nominations are collected from the membership by the MCA in the Fall. Winners are review and determined by the Road, Mountain Bike, and Kids of Mud committees under the leadership of the Discipline’s co-ordinator.
Click (Here) to see Nominees and Winners
4) Interdisciplanary Challenge winners: To be a contender you must race in all three disciplines (Road, MTB, Cyclocross).
- Top Female: Hana Boersma.
- Top Male: Willem Boersma
5) Lifetime Acheivement Award Winner: Eric Reid
If you were not able to attend the Awards Banquet and have a Jersey, certificate, medal, or tropy to claim, please contact the MCA office to make arrangements.