Host Club: ABES
Race Organizer: Jon Sawatzky
Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Altona Centennial Park, Altona
Kids (U9): 1:30 PM
Kids (U13): 2:00 PM
C-race 2:45 PM (20 min + 1 lap)
B-race (B level, citizen, U15, & U17): 4:15 PM (30 min + 1 laps)
A-race: 5:30 PM (45 min + 2 laps)
Assembly and Seeding: Riders in the B and A races will assemble 10 minutes before the scheduled race start and will be called to the start line in seeded order. Seeding is based on placement in the first two races of the 2010 season. Riders who have not raced yet will start at the back of their group.
Registration: Registration opens at 12:00 and ends 30 minutes before your event. To race in the B or A events you must hold a UCI/CCA racing licence, MCA citizen licence, KOM licence. Registration and waiver are available at the race site.
All riders (including those with season’s passes) must hand in a waiver and show their license to the commissaries.
Cost: $15 for A and B categories. $5 for C category, and non-licensed riders. Donations accepted for U13 category to pay for cost of food. Cash only.
Categories: Kids (U13, U11, U9); B level (includes U15 and citizens); A level
Race Course: The course will be open for pre-riding at about 10:00 AM on race day, but no sooner due to concerns about soil erosion. Length will be approximately 3 – 3.5 km. The course will consist of grass fields, paths, crushed gravel path, and sand.
Grand Prix Prizes: This race qualifies participants in the A and B race to potentially win the following prizes if they also participate in the St Malo Cross (St Malo Provincial Park) on Saturday, October 16th:
- $200 gift certificate for A men and women points winner
- $150 gift certificate for A men and women 2nd place
- $100 gift certificate for A men and women 3rd place
- $100 gift certificate for B men and women points winner
- $75 gift certificate for A men and women 2nd place
- $50 gift certificate for A men and women 3rd place
The following rules apply to the Grand Prix prizing:
Participation Series: All A, B race entrants are eligible to win a set of cyclocross race wheels (choice of tubular or clincher). Details are available here.
- Riders are required to wear a hard-shell ANSI or SNELL approved helmet while racing, warming up, and cooling down.
- Hand-ups (food, tools, or supplies) are not allowed anywhere on the course. A rider may NOT take on any additional water or food at any time during the race.
- Mechanical work, bike exchange, and wheel exchange may take place, but only within the designated pit lane.
- Riders may never cut across the course and may never backtrack along the course to get to the pit lane.
- Road, mountain, and cyclocross bikes are allowed. Tires in the A group are restricted to a maximum width of 1.5” for 26”wheels and 35mm for all others. MTB handlebars must not have bar-ends.
- All bikes must have functional front and rear brakes.
- More details are available on the CXMB blog.
Parking: Parking is available in the parking lot.
Courtesy and Safety: The park is a public area and will be marked as closed, but marshals do not have authority to prevent people from entering. Keep your head up at all times. Be courteous to all park users. Please clean up after yourself.
Washrooms: Washrooms are available.