Women to Watch
Women to Watch is a monthly grant program administered by Sport Manitoba and Coaching Manitoba designed to assist young girls and women to further their involvement in their chosen sport. Each month a $500 sport grant will be awarded to a female athlete/female team, female official or volunteer as well as a female coach who meets the criteria listed below. The funds for this grant are provided by Sport Manitoba and Coaching Manitoba. Each applicant must have their Provincial Sport Organization sign the application or attach an endorsement letter with their application.
1. Applicants must be female and a member of their Provincial Sport Organization in good standing as an athlete, coach, official or in a leadership position either as a volunteer or paid staff.
2. The application must be endorsed by the Provincial Sport Organization by signing the application or attaching a letter of endorsement.
3. Grants may be used to offset costs such as training, travel, certification, sport equipment, competitions/tournaments, camps, leadership development, profession development and childcare costs related to future development in their sport.
4. An outline for the request for funding must accompany the application clearly stating:
- What the grant will be used for, including all relevant costs and the proposed budget;
- Applicants past involvement and/or achievements in the sport (include résumé if available);
- A letter from the applicant herself stating why she needs the grant and her present and future goals in her chosen sport.
5. Please indicate how this opportunity, if successful, will provide the individual and/or team an opportunity to further enhance their career in sport.
6. Next Grant applications deadlines: November 15th, 2017
GRANT APPLICATION (HERE)
For information on other workshops available for Women read more (here)