Please see Coach Clinic details schedule for this spring under “UPCOMING EVENTS” to the right of this page.
You now have options in terms of how you can register for MCA Clinics:
1) Register Online (CLICK HERE).
Coach Clinic Summary
Let’s Ride! Community Cycling Initiation (CCI): (Suitable for KOM Coaches)
- Let’s Ride! Community Cycling- Initiation (CCI) is the NCCP context for coaches who will primarily work with novice, pre-competitive cyclists at the community level, including participants in the Active Start, FUNdamentals and early Learn to Train stages of athlete development. The program is simple, based on a number of pre-designed lesson plans, and adaptable to the varying skill and ability levels of participants. The focus of the program is on having participants develop skills which are basic to MTB, BMX, and Road, in a
controlled, off-road, off-trail setting such as a sport field or parking lot.
- CCI training has two parts – the “Let’s Ride!” CCI workshop (5 hrs), and a Basic Cycling Skills workshop (8 hrs). The first workshop provides information on ethical coaching, participants and their needs, basic practice planning, equipment and other important information for coaches of beginner cyclists. The second workshop provides an opportunity for “on-bike” practice in skill teaching and analysis, practice coaching and use of provided lesson plans. On completion, coaches have “Trained” status in NCCP.
Ready to Race! Introduction to Competition
- Ready to Race! Introduction to Competition (R2R) is the context for coaches who will primarily work with new competitive cyclists at the community and club level. These athletes will likely be in the Learn to Train to Train to Train stages of LTAD, although the context could apply to any new racer of any age. These athletes have basic but developed cycling skills and the desire to begin competing within a structured training and competition program. They should have passed through an entry-level Community Initiation program (CCI) to help them develop the basic skills.
- R2R training replaces all elements of Level 1 and Level 2 Cycling in the previous “Levels NCCP”.
Clinic Time Frames:
- Training Basics (Intro to Competition) is a classroom session, 14 hours (Covered over 2 days);
- Basic Bike Skills, on-bike, 8 hours; (8-10 people max)
- One of MTB, Road, or BMX Skills and Tactics, on-bike, 7 hours; (8-10 people max)
- Training to Race, classroom, 14 hours;
- A second of MTB, Road, or BMX Skills and Tactics, on-bike, 7 hours.
- Basic Bikes Skills and Mountain Bike Skills and Tactics are 7 hours each all on your bike. 8-10 people max accepted per session
If you are interested in Coaching for KIDS OF MUD this year you will need the following:
Community Initiation :
1) Classroom Clinic. Please sign up for either the April 15 or the April 21 clinic.
2) Basic Bikes Skills. Please sign up for either May 12 or May 13 or June 2
In addition to the Clinics coaches also need the following:
- Criminal Record Check : must be completed every 3 years
- Child Abuse Registry: must be completed yearly
- First Aid Course: must be completed every 3 years
- Complete an online “Making Ethical Decision” and “Respect in Sport”