2010 ITT Season Finale and Provincials Presented by FOG Cycling Club
Host Club: FOG
FOG Cycling Club is pleased to announce two races for August 15th; the Provincial Individual Time Trial and for those without a race licence an all-comers individual time-trial. To take part in the Provincials Time Trial a rider requires a full UCI/CCA race licence (MCA citizen’s licence does not qualify). FOG has purchased special insurance which allows all other riders including those with no licence or MCA membership to take part in the all-comers race. The all-comers race and Provincial Time Trial will be run back to back on the same course.
FOG and the MCA are very pleased to announce that the Provincial Time Trial is returning to Birds Hill Park for the second year in a row. Birds Hill Park is the premiere time trialing location in Manitoba. Summer weekend racing has been banned in BHP, but the MCA has secured an exception for the Provincial Time Trial. This requires that all racing be completed by 10:00 a.m. As a result registration must take place before race day to allow for an early efficient start.
In a time trial, riders start separately at sixty second intervals and ride on their own against the clock. It is known as The Race of Truth because there is no drafting, no sprinting, no team tactics; just you and your best effort against the clock.
Date: Sunday, August 15th
Location: Birds Hill Park (Pan Am start – see Map below)
Registration: Pre-registration is highly recommended. The commissaries require that the start list be set prior to race day. Registration deadlines have been set to facilitate this. Race day registration will be prohibitively expensive.
Cost: - Up until August 8th – $20
– After August 8th until 5:00 p.m. August 12th – $30
– Race day until 7:15 a.m. – $50 Cash only
* no additional insurance fees for non-licenced riders, a $25 savings each – non-licenced riders pay only the race entry above, we pay the insurance fee
Registration and waiver forms for downloading
All fees are non-refundable. Full payment must accompany registration. Incomplete forms and/or insufficient payment will result in non-registration.
If paying by cheque make your cheque out to Fast Old Guys Cycling Club.
Pre-registration will occur at Unicity Eye Clinic which is located in Polo Park downstairs right beside LensCrafters. The stairs to LensCrafters are located between the centre court and the Bay.
Bring your completed waiver and registration forms together with your payment (cash or cheque only) to the clinic between 9:00 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Between 5:15 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday or 10:00 to 6:00 Saturday or 12:00 to 5:00 Sunday place your completed forms and payment (cash or cheque only) in an envelope and throw it through the gate at the front of the office. Do not take it to LensCrafters.
Mail your completed forms and payment to:
Unicity Eye Clinic
Unit L169B – 1645 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0W4
* your payment must match the post mark date
* give yourself lots of time to ensure that the forms reach us. We are not responsible for lost or delayed entries.
Fax your entry forms (waiver and registration) and valid VISA number including name on card and expiration date to 953-5569.
* VISA only. No Mastercard, Amex, or other credit cards
* You will be charged according to the date and time the fax is received.
If you live a long ways outside of Winnipeg and it is too late to mail your forms you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org about your intention to attend and with your registration information. The above time lines apply and you give your word that you will be responsible for payment whether you attend or not.
Sign-In: All racers (both Provincials and All-Comers Race) must still sign-in the morning of the race. Riders competing in Provincials must show their licence to the commissaries. Sign-in will start at 6:30 a.m. and will end at 7:15 a.m. No exceptions.
– General Public, non-licenced, citizen’s licence: choice of 1 or 2 laps (most will choose 2)
Age categories are determined by your age as of December 31, 2010.
You race against others in your age and sex catergory.
– U15, U17: 2 laps
– Juniors, Senior Women, all Masters categories (30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+): 2 laps
– Senior Men, Espoir Men: 3 laps
– 1 lap is 11.3 km ridden clock wise
Start Times: 8:00 a.m. start time for general public, non-licenced riders, citizen’s licence. 1 minute start intervals. To be followed immediately by Provincials Time Trial racers.
* Unlike previous years start times will NOT go in reverse order of age. In order for us to finish on time, groups that are expected to take longer will race first and those that are expected to be quicker will race last. Therefore, Senior and Espoir men will likely start first.
* A tentative start list will appear on www.fogcycling.blogspot.com before the race.
Parking: Parking is available at the start finish area. Please park on the inside of the loop only. In the interest of safety please pull your vehicle well-off the road so that your rear bumper is at least two feet away from the shoulder. If you are worried about easy ingress and egress of your vehicle park on the flatter area towards the eastern side of the start/finish area.
Safety: The park will not be closed to vehicular traffic. Marshals do not have the authority to force vehicles to stop. Keep your head up at all times. It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure it is safe to proceed.
Please keep the side of the road clear. Riders will be constantly racing by before and after your ride.
Riders are required to wear a hard-shell ANSI or SNELL approved helmet while racing, warming up, and cooling down.
Park so your bumper is well off the side of the road. Park only on the inside side of the loop, not the outside.
Do not mill around on the road before or after your race. It is a traffic hazard and discourteous to riders still racing and other park users.
Washrooms: Located on both sides of the loop road a few hundred meters east of the start/finish area down the hill towards the east beach.
* Special time trial equipment is not needed.
* All bikes welcome for the All-Comers Race. For the Provincials Time Trial, bikes must meet UCI guidelines. Traditional road bikes will meet UCI guidelines. Some triathlon bikes and old school time trial specific bikes may not and will be ranked separately (they also cannot qualify for Provincials).
* Commissaires have the discretion to disallow the use of any equipment they consider unsafe.
* Some regulations of note:
– The front tip of the seat must be at least 5 cm behind a vertical line passing through the centre of the bottom bracket.
– The handlebar extensions must extend no further than 75 cm ahead of a vertical line passing through the centre of the bottom bracket (does not apply to the shifters which may extend further).
– A single race number must be pinned to the back of each rider’s jersey (as opposed to the usual two for road races). Numbers will be provided to non-licenced riders at sign-in. You will instructed as to the proper location on race day.