The Manitoba Cycling Association is looking for a full-time, High Performance cycling coach to lead the Manitoba’s Provincial Program.
- Coach Level: Competition Development
- Full-time employment
- Must be based in Winnipeg
The MCA is looking for someone with a keen interest in the competitive sport of cycling. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and bring a high level of energy to the position. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective delivery the provincial cycling program in all cycling disciplines (Road + MTB + CX) and will play a key role in mentoring in-province coaches.
- Athlete Development – Identify high performance talent. Create an LTAD Implementation strategy for the program. Planning and logistics of development camps. Goal setting for athletes.
- Provincial Team Program – Recruiting. Program coordination and management. Communications. Budget management.
- Coaching Development – Creating a positive, synergistic and cooperative working relationship with Manitoba coaches. Overseeing the delivery of NCCP.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 1 – 3 years of experience and knowledge of competition in one or more cycling disciplines
- 1 – 3 years of experience with high performance level athlete coaching is preferred
- Experience delivering cycling programs following Canada’s Long-Term Athlete Development model
- Proven ability to develop cyclists primarily at the Train-to-Compete level of LTAD
- NCCP-certified Competition Development, or capable of attaining this certification within the first year
- Degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered a valuable asset
- Experience working with youth athletes would be considered an asset
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Demonstrated ability to participate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
- Proven ability for group facilitation and program planning
- Proven ability to give tactful, positive advice and constructive feedback
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities within established guidelines
- Strong problem solving, relationship building, active listening, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability and professionalism
- Must maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license and be insurable through the Association’s insurance provider.
- Must be willing to travel , work remotely, and work outside core operating hours as required . Flexible hours of work – approximately 40 hours per week, including weekend and evening work
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis
- Must submit a Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sectors Check
Starting Salary: Based on education, qualifications, and experience. Range $40,000 to $55,000 per annum.
Reporting Line: The Provincial Head coach reports directly to the MCA Executive Director.
Job Description: Please contact the Association if interested in the complete job description.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note the position title in the subject line of your email.