2011 Whitemouth Open Road Challenge Road Cup #2
Date: May 7, 2011
Designation: MCA Cup – Road
Presented by :the Rural Municipality of Whitemouth and FOG Cycling Club
The Rural Municipality of Whitemouth, gateway to Whiteshell Provincial Park, invites you to the inaugural Whitemouth Open Road Challenge. Come discover our pristine rivers and natural beauty. Enjoy great kayaking and boating. The Whitemouth River has offers an abundance of game fish such as walleye, pike, sauger, rock bass and perch, and three endangered species found nowhere else in Manitoba; the royface shiner, the horney head chub, and northern brook lamprey. Great camping facilities await you for an overnight stay at Cooks Falls. Seven Sisters offers great wayside day outings. Set up your own picnic, drop a line in the River, then gaze at the vistas overlooked by the Seven Sisters Hydro Dam and Winnipeg River.
Location: Whitemouth,located about 90 km from the east perimeter highway depending on route taken.
- Registration and rider assembly will take place at the Whitemouth community centre (just off Railway Avenue). A UCI Racing Licence or MCA Citizen’s Licence is required. MCA general membership is not valid for racing. All riders must complete the race registration form and race waiver.
- Registration 9:45 – 11:00 a.m.*
- Online registration
- Downloadable entry form and waiver
- $22 for pre-registration. Pre-registration closes midnight Wednesday May 4th Pre- registration will be available shortly via Karelo on the MCA site
- Race day – $40 Cash only.
- Lunch is included for registered racers and volunteers and will take place in the community club at the conclusion of the race.
- All fees are non-refundable. Full payment must accompany registration. Incomplete forms and/or insufficient payment will result in non-registration.
- All racers, including pre-registrants, must sign-in the morning of the race. All riders must show their licence to the commissaries. Sign-in will end one hour prior to race start.
- The course is flat, fast, and recently re-paved; half of the course with asphalt last year, the other half with top seal two years ago.
- The course is an out and back layout with each loop of the course approximately 25 km
- Details will be provided in the race package
- Cat 2/3: 100 km
- Cat 4: 80 km
- Cat 5: 60 km
Start Time Procedure:*
- Groups will assemble outside the community club at 11:50 a.m.
- all groups will proceed in a neutral start to the start line -12:00 p.m. for Cat 2/3, followed a few minutes later by Cat 4, and then by Cat 5
- Riders will assemble before the start time for roll call and final instructions
On Course Vehicles:
- Every effort will be made to provide follow vehicles. Unofficial vehicles (private vehicles, team vehicles) are not allowed on the race course. Violation will result in rider disqualification.
- Prizing will take place in the community club following the race.
- Parking is available at the community club.
- Washrooms are available at the community club.
- The race takes place on an active highway. Marshals do not have the authority to force vehicles to stop. Keep your head up at all times. It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure it is safe to proceed.
- Riders are required to wear a hard-shell ANSI or SNELL approved helmet while racing, warming up, and cooling down.
*Details are subject to change. Check with the FOG blog www.fogcycling.blogspot.com for last minute changes.