Date: October 23, 2011
Presented by FOG Cycling Club and Unicity Eye Clinic
The most up to date race information can always be found at www.superprestige.blogspot.com/
Location: Whittier Park (Fort Gibraltar) See map.
This is the 6th and final race of the cyclocross cup series. Details here
Please Note we are guests of the City of Winnipeg and we must leave the park in similar condition to which we find it. Please bring a rake to rake the course.
- Kids (U11): 12:30 PM
- Race C (CX 4 men, CX 4 women, citizen): 1:15 (20 min + 1 lap)
- Race B (CX 1,2,3 women and CX 3 men): 2:15 (30 min + 2 lap)
- Race A (Elite men): 3:00 (45 min + 2 laps)
- $15. Cash only.
- $5 for citizen racers holding an MCA citizen license. Cash only.
- Kids race: free.
- Stay tuned to the CrossTastic site for details. www.superprestige.blogspot.com/
- Draws will be made after results are posted and the course is torn down and raked. The more hands helping the quicker it will happen.
Registration opens at 11:30 and ends 30 minutes before your event. Except for the kids race (U11), all riders must hold a valid UCI/CCA racing licence, MCA citizen licence, or KOM licence.
Registration and waiver are available online and at the race site. To speed things up for everybody please download the form and waiver ahead of time, complete both and bring to the race. Save a tree and print on both sides of the same sheet.
All riders (including those with season’s passes) must hand in a waiver and show their licence to the commissaries.
Assembly and Seeding:
- Riders in the C, B, and A races will assemble 10 minutes before the scheduled race start and will be called to the start line in seeded order.
- Seeding is based on placement in prior races of the 2011 season.
- Riders who have not raced yet will start at the back of their group.
- Riders must start in their seeded position or be relegated.
- Please ensure that after signing the registration sheet that you also initial beside your name on the seeding sheet.
The course will be open for pre-riding at about 11:30 on race day, but no sooner due to concerns about soil erosion. Length will be 3 to 3.5 km. The course will consist of grass fields, forest paths, crushed limestone path, and grass paths.
More Good Stuff:
Free food for everyone. European sausages and wieners, coffee and hot chocolate for all participants and spectators.
- Hand-ups (food, tools, or supplies) are not allowed anywhere on the course.
- A rider may NOT take on any additional water or food at any time during the race.
- Mechanical work, bike exchange, or wheel exchange may only take place within the designated pit lane.
- Riders may never cut across the course and may never backtrack along the course to get to the pit lane.
- Road, mountain, and cyclocross bikes are allowed.
- Tires in the A group are restricted to a maximum width of 35mm.
- MTB handlebars must not have bar-ends.
- All bikes must have functional front and rear brakes.
- More details are available here
Riders are required to wear a hard-shell ANSI or SNELL approved helmet while racing, warming up, and cooling down.
Parking is available in the parking lot. Do not park on any roads as the race course will use the roads.
Courtesy and Safety:
The park is a public area. Marshals do not have authority to prevent people from entering. Keep your head up at all times. Be courteous to all park users. Please clean up after yourself.
Washrooms are located at the registration area. Please clean up after yourself.