The Province of Manitoba announced that as of 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 12, the entire province will move to the Critical level (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System to halt COVID-19 transmission and protect Manitoba’s most vulnerable citizens.
New restrictions include:
Gyms and fitness centres must close.
All recreational activities, sports facilities, casinos, museums, galleries, libraries, movie theatres and concert halls must close.
All recreational facilities, group sports suspended.
Day camps, dance and theatre classes closed.
Travel to and from northern Manitoba is restricted and non-essential travel is discouraged.
Social contacts reduced to your household only. Social gatherings are not permitted.
Sport for Life Centre Closures include:
- Courts, flex space and meeting rooms
- Sport Manitoba Fitness Centre
- Sport Manitoba Performance Centre
The Sport Manitoba Clinic will remain open. A reminder that you can get your flu shot at the clinic. Contact the clinic by phone to book an appointment: 204.925.5944.
Click here to view the press release with full details of this week’s announcement.
Public Health included the following things Manitobans can do themselves to reduce the spread that go beyond the restrictions put in place:
- Reduce the number of shoppers from your household to the lowest possible number. Send only one person to shop.
- Work from home if at all possible.
- Reduce travel unless absolutely essential.
- Remember all those you have come in contact with recently.
Stay Safe Everyone!