As of 12:01am Sunday, May 9th, for a period of three (3) weeks, the Province of Manitoba announced new public health orders.
New restrictions include:
- Gyms and fitness centres must close
- Indoor sports and recreation are not permitted
- Outdoor organized team games are not permitted
- The five-person outdoor gathering limit includes coaches and applies to practices in public places.
- Please view the official orders here which include specifics around outdoor physical distancing (two metres required even between participants), spectators (not allowed), games (not allowed), and outdoor facilities allowed to be open (while enforcing the five-person outdoor gathering limit)
- Day camps are not permitted
Sport Manitoba facility closures include:
- Courts, flex space and meeting rooms
- Sport Manitoba Fitness Centre
- Sport Manitoba Performance Centre
- Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame
Sport Manitoba Areas that remain open:
- Sport Manitoba Clinic
- Konica Minolta Print Hub
The Sport Manitoba Clinic remains open for both in-person and virtual visits for physician and physiotherapy, and in-person appointments for massage therapy, chiropractic, and X-ray.