Let’s Ride! Community Cycling Initiation: (Suitable for KOM coaches)
Let’s Ride! Community Cycling- Initiation (CCI) is the NCCP context for coaches who will primarily work with novice, pre-competitive cyclists at the community level, including participants in the Active Start, FUNdamentals and early Learn to Train stages of athlete development. The program is simple, based on a number of pre-designed lesson plans, and adaptable to the varying skill and ability levels of participants. The focus of the program is on having participants develop skills which are basic to MTB, BMX, and Road, in a
controlled, off-road, off-trail setting such as a sport field or parking lot.
CCI training has two parts – the “Let’s Ride!” CCI workshop (5 hrs), and a Basic Cycling Skills workshop (8 hrs). The first workshop provides information on ethical coaching, participants and their needs, basic practice planning, equipment and other important information for coaches of beginner cyclists. The second workshop provides an opportunity for “on-bike” practice in skill teaching and analysis, practice coaching and use of provided lesson plans. On completion, coaches have “Trained” status in NCCP.
- Community Initiation (suitable for Kids of Mud) April 21 (CLICK HERE)
Registration can be forwarded via email or fax or be completed online by clicking the link below:
- ONLINE REGISTRATION OPTION: https://reg.ccnbikes.com/index.php/event/mca-coaching-clinics/store
If you complete the manual registration form:
- Please email your completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax to 204-925-5703. Please title your email/Fax: “Cycling Clinic Registration”.
Payment can be made by the following:
- Cheque mailed to the office at: 145 Pacific Ave/Winnipeg, MB/R3B 2Z6
- Cash or Cheque can be dropped by the office in person in advance to your training date.
Note: The office does not have the ability to process debit or Credit card payments.
If you have further questions on how to register for a clinic please contact the MCA office at: email@example.com or 204-925-5686
FYI: If you are interested in Coaching for KIDS OF MUD this year you will need the following:
Community Initiation :
1) Classroom Clinic. Please sign up for either the April 15 or the April 21 clinic.
2) Basic Bikes Skills. Please sign up for either May 12 or May 13 or June 2 (go back to Upcoming events, choose preferred date, and complete & forward a seperate registration form for this clinic.)
In addition to the Clinics coaches also need the following:
- Criminal Record Check : must be completed every 3 years
- Child Abuse Registry: must be completed yearly
- First Aid Course: must be completed every 3 years
- Complete an online “Making Ethical Decision” and “Respect in Sport”
If you have further questions about the requirements to coach please contact: