The primary focus of this program is on engaging more women (target age group is 12-18 years old) in organized cycling in Canada.
Engaging more women is important for both increasing physical activity and increasing Canada’s competitive success rate.
What are the objectives of this program?
- Increase regular and on-going participation of women in organized cycling.
- Address barriers to participation in organized cycling.
- Establish working partnerships with cycling clubs and other organizations to recruit and women.
- Assess results, and create and share a model for female participation with others.
Who can apply?
- MA Affiliated Clubs, with a letter of support from the Manitoba Cycling Association
What level of funding is available?
- Grants from $500 – $3,000
When can I apply?
- From February 1st to March 15th 2012
What must be in the application ?
The name of the local club/organization and a written expression of interest from that club/organization;
- A brief statement outlining what you expect to achieve and how you will achieve it;
- A work plan showing the main activities between March 30, 2012 and October 31,2022;
- A list of specific, measurable deliverables including a target for increased female participation in the activity (e.g. “Increase the number of registered women by X”)
- A draft budget showing the contribution (cash or in-kind) by the local club/organization.
- A draft budget showing how the CCA financial contribution will be used.
If interested please submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your request will forwarded on your behalf to the Canadian Cycling Assoication for review.