Each of these Videos were produced in partnership with MHLSC, Can-Bike/Cycling Canada and the Manitoba Cycling Association with expert creative work by Tetro Design, Handcraft Creative. They have been made available, free of charge to the public with the intent to educate schools, clubs, communities, and riders of all ability levels and ages. Enjoy!
- Bicycle Handling (101) – A user’s guide to riding a bike!
- Traffic Skills (101) – A guide to traffic safety!
- Helmets (101) – A basic user’s guide to brain safety!
Road & Bike Safety
- Cycling Canada: National CAN-Bike Program (Click Here)
- Cycling Canada: National CAN-Bike Cycling Safety Tips:(Click Here).
- Manitoba Public Insurance – Cycling Road Safety – including the responsibilities of the cyclist and motorist. (Click Here)
- Bike Safety & Injury Prevention: Manitoba Healthy Living, Seniors & Consumer Affairs (Click Here)
- Cycling Program Champion (Click Here)
- Bicycle Education & Skills Training for Schools (The B.E.S.T initiative Pilot project) (Click Here)
- The Active and Safe Routes to School Program (Click Here)
- Bike Winnipeg: “Riding in Winnipeg” tips (Click Here)
- Bike Winnipeg: Cycling Courses (Click Here)
- Winnipeg Repair Education and Cycling Hub “The Wrench” (Click Here)
Helmet Legislation in Manitoba
On May 1st, 2013 a new law came into effect in Manitoba that makes it compulsory for cyclists under the age of 18 to wear a suitable helmet while cycling. Provincial sales tax will no longer be charged for both child and adult bike helmets as of May 1st,2013.
NEW! 24/7 Cycling Insurance for Bike and Rider (Click Here) be covered on your commute or your tour of Manitoba.
For more details contact the Manitoba Cycling Association at 204-925-5686