MCA: COVID-19 UPDATE
*PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY *
Tuesday, February 09, 2021
Happy New Year Everyone!
Beginning Friday February 12th until Friday March 5th, some Provincial restrictions have been lifted that will impact our ability to train and ride. Full News release from the Province of Manitoba (Here).
Clubs may proceed with club rides outdoors. Please review and follow the Club Ride protocols below. Although there is no group size restrictions for outdoor activities during this time, we ask that everyone proceed with caution. We recommend that clubs operate in smaller, manageable groups (i.e: groups of 10) to ensure participants adhere to physical distancing requirements as laid out by the Provincial Government.
Sanctioned Club rides and activities require the club to be affiliated with the MCA. All club participants are required to have a 2021 membership. All activities must be formally approved by the MCA in advance to be covered by insurance. Please email your ride schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reminder that our Winter License (only $30.00) is valid until March 31/21 and MCA’s Community Club grant application for reimbursement of expenses (such as club affiliations) is due February 28th.
Club Ride Protocol:
MCA’s club ride protocols below been approved by the Provincial Government. All members are required to abide by the Policy. The policy is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws, regulations, by-laws, and orders as they may exist from time to time.
- Adult Club Ride Protocol
- Kids of Mud Club Ride Protocol
- MCA recommendations for Group Rides during COVID-19
New Waivers for 2021:
The License waiver is signed online by each individual member as part of the online membership process. Individuals participating in group activities must be aware of the personal health risks of COVID-19 and participate at their own risk. All U18 participants must have the signed approval of a parent or legal guardian to participate in activities.
OUTBREAK ACTION PLAN:
Each club is responsible for keeping a list of Club members. Clubs must keep record of the date of each activity held, along with a list of all participants. Any individual experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 should use the Self-screening tool and get testing for COVID-19. Anyone who tests positive should inform their club personnel or coach immediately. If the affected individual had contact with any other participants in the past 14 days, the club personnel or coach should inform other potentially affected individuals (taking care to keep the affected participant’s identity and medical information private) and ask those who have any symptoms to use the Self-screening tool.
Indoor facilities that choose to open will be able to operate at 25% capacity. Individual training will be allowed or one on one Instruction (i.e.: one coach/one athlete). No indoor group training is allowed at this time.
MEETING ROOMS – SPORT MANITOBA:
Meeting rooms are not open at Sport Manitoba.
RACING & COMPETITIONS:
The MCA does not have approval to proceed with multi-club events such as racing at this time. Clubs interested in organizing an event in 2021 should contact their Sport Director or the Manitoba Cycling Association.
- Director – Road Cycling: Don Rose email@example.com
- Director – Mountain Biking: JP Peters firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director – Cyclocross (pending). MCA is accepting nominations for this position.
- MCA Executive Director: Twila Cruickshank email@example.com
- Province of Manitoba: New Public Health Orders Feb 12/21: Press Release
- Province of Manitoba: Self-screening tool
- Province of Manitoba: Sports Guidelines
- Province of Manitoba: Risk assessment tool for recreational activities
- Province of Manitoba: Restoring safe services
- Cycling Canada: Progressive return to cycling
- Cycling Canada: COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Canada
- World Health Organization
- Government of Canada advice on mass gatherings
- Government of Canada Travel Advice & Advisories
- Sport Manitoba
Previous MCA communications: