A message from Cycling Canada:
The Zwift ride leader registration link for our final phase of weekly Zwift activities which will take place from March 1 to April 27, 2021 is open.
Cycling Canada is seeking to lock in some ride leaders for our Monday and Tuesday evening “Weekly Tune-up Rides” on Zwift. The registration deadline for this phase is February 15th, 2021.
We’ve seen some great uptake from various provinces to-date, and have had the opportunity to interact with some great local clubs they represent. On numerous occasions we’ve been able to add special guest appearances from National Team athletes, which has been a fun bonus for our ride leaders as well.
All other relevant information regarding our weekly Zwift activities can be found on the event webpage here. Some interesting stats regarding these activities to-date:
- As of today, total participation in these initiatives sits at 6,703
- Our largest participations by event (so far) have been:
- Open Rides: Our “Virtual Legends Ride” on December 14th led by Saskatchewan’s HPL Cycling with 340 participants
- Women’s Rides: Manitoba’s Velodonnas led our largest women’s ride to-date, with 83 participants joined by National Team member Marie-Claude Molnar
- Wednesday Night Race: 289 riders on December 2nd riding Watopia’s “Figure 8 Reverse” – the same course as World Championships only 1 week prior to the big event
As a final note, we continue to work with virtual cycling apps to determine where we can provide additional support four our provincial partners. Before the end of this winter, I hope to provide some additional resources for you all to assist in your own virtual cycling delivery. For an update on where the “clubs” feature is currently at with Zwift, click here.
Thanks all for the continued support! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Thanks all for your cooperation on this initiative! Please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime if you have any questions.