Beginning Monday November 16th, we are inviting your community of Zwift-experienced coaches and athletes to act as ride leaders for our Weekly Tune-up rides. We ask you to please circulate the information in this email amongst your communities as you see fit following our formal announcement this morning.
Anyone interested in taking on the role of ride leader should complete the application form at this link:
The deadline to submit this form is November 11th, 2020 and encompasses group rides from November 16th to January 12th. Applications for subsequent months will be sent at regular intervals as outlined in the attached resource document.
Some additional notes to accompany this:
- The first two weeks of Weekly Tune-up Rides will be led by Toronto Hustle to help jump start the series and provide prospective ride leaders the chance to “try it out” before committing. Please encourage your prospective ride leaders to join the first 2 weeks of rides to gain a better understanding of ride-leader expectations
- I have attached a “Zwift Ride Leader Resource Guide” to answer any questions that prospective ride leaders may have
- Ride Leader positions will be designated on a first-come, first-served basis
- Tuesday ride leaders may be women only. Monday ride leaders may be men and/or women
- Ride leaders may also nominate a “Ride Sweeper” who can accompany them to lead the rides
- For those of you willing to help us promote these rides, click here for an social media image bank showcasing our virtual kit in-game. Feel free to use these images as you see fit, and don’t forget to tag Cycling Canada in your posts!
- To sign up for Cycling Canada Zwift rides/races, click here or look for the events on the Zwift Companion App
Thanks all for your cooperation on this initiative! Please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime if you have any questions.