Safely Returning to Sport and Play
COVID-19 has had a significant impact on community sports and recreation, increasing the barriers to participation faced by Canada’s most vulnerable children and youth. This is why we are launching the Jumpstart Sport Relief Fund – an $8 million fund that will help sport and recreation organizations continue to deliver programming in 2020 and beyond.
This fund will provide two streams of needs-based support to eligible organizations.
Assists organizations with the costs of running sport and recreational programming, including:
- Additional hiring of coaches, instructors, or other program supervisors;
- Meeting return to play guidelines/provincial health protocols/regulations (e.g., PPE, cleaning supplies, individual equipment for participants, etc.); and
- Facility and transportation cost increases.
Assists organizations with operational and administrative costs, including:
- Rehiring staff, new employees to meet changing needs, repayment of past due accounts;
- Staff training and development, fundraising/revenue generation strategy and development, and operational efficiencies; and
- Equipment procurement, personal protective equipment, space reconfiguration, and program delivery adaptations (including start-up expenses related to establishing online programming).
- Organizations can apply for an operational support and capacity building grant up to $15,000. If approved, the grant value that will be awarded is subject to regional demands and budgets.
Click the button below to be access our online application portal. Please ensure you have reviewed all information on this page before applying.