MCA: COVID-19 UPDATE
*PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY *
Friday, June 19, 2020
Phase 3 of the Manitoba Provincial Government’s reopening plan will commence on Sunday, June 21. Indoor gatherings have increased to 50 people, while outdoor gatherings have increased to 100. The two (2) metre separation requirement, except for brief exchanges is still in effect for all activities including but not limited to club rides and training.
Club Rides – “Outbreak Action plan”
It is the responsibility of the entire cycling community to ensure we are keeping accurate records of those individuals for whom you are coming into contact with to help keep us all safe. Clubs are asked to keep record of the date of each activity held, along with a listing of all participants. Any individual experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 should use the Self-screening tool and get testing for COVID-19. Anyone who tests positive should inform their club personnel or coach (via phone, text, or email) immediately. If the affected individual had contact with any other participants in the past 14 days, the club personnel or coach should inform other potentially affected individuals (taking care to keep the affected participant’s identity and medical information private) and ask those who have any symptoms to use the Self-screening tool.
MCA Sanctioned Race calendar
Time Trial Race protocols are in development for July. As restrictions continue to ease, we are looking forward to sanctioning other activities based on the direction and approval of the provincial government.
- MCA: Adult Club Ride Protocol
- MCA:Kids of Mud Ride Protocol
- MCA: Recommendations for Group Rides during COVID-19
- Province of Manitoba: Self-screening tool
- Province of Manitoba: Sports Guidelines
- Province of Manitoba: Risk assessment tool for recreational activities
- Province of Manitoba: Restoring safe services
- Cycling Canada: Progressive return to cycling
- Cycling Canada: COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Canada
- World Health Organization
- Government of Canada advice on mass gatherings
- Government of Canada Travel Advice & Advisories
- Sport Manitoba
Previous MCA communications: