Ride for Reese
Sunday Jan 26th
1:00 PM (sold out)
2:15 PM spots available
The Velodonnas invite you to ride your out in support of Reese Ketler, son of Velodonna April Gobert. (please share with your members)
Reese, a player for the St. Vital Victorias Junior Hockey Team, was severely injured during a game on December 19, 2019. All funds raised will go towards supporting Reese and his family. Reese is a former Alter Ego Kids of Mud alumnus and part of an avid cycling family. Let’s show him some love and pedal our hearts out in his honour!
· Wheelhouse Spin Studio is located at 655 Sterling Lyon Pkwy near the outlet mall
· The studio has lockers with a keypad on them so no need to bring a lock
· Cycling shoes are included but you can also bring your own (the pedals have Look Delta clips on one side and SPD on the other)
· Bring a water bottle
· Each ride is 45 minutes long.
· Arrive at least 15 minutes ahead to make sure shoes fit and for proper bike set up.
· Each rider is assigned a bike. Bikes have power meters on them and at the end of each class, riders will receive an email with their stats and performance data.
· Each rider needs to set up a Wheelhouse account prior to riding for shoe size info and email addresses to receive stats. Go to https://www.wheelhousecycleclub.com and set up your account
If you cannot attend, but would like to purchase a ‘support ticket’, we have set up an ‘Add-on purchase option’. You can purchase this without an actual event ticket. We are also collecting basket/prize items to sell tickets for on event day. If you would like to contribute either a basket, items for a basket or money, please let us know. Etransfer are accepted through Ride@velodonnas.ca. We already have some great prizes to raffle off!
If you don’t or can’t ride, but would like to stop by Sunday afternoon, you are definitely most welcome!
Velodonnas Cycling Club
Winnipeg’s Female Cycling Community
Our Mission: To inform, instruct and inspire female riders of all abilities