Grassroots initiatives, like our Kids of Muds program (KOM), are in high demand. So much so, that programs typically sell-out within 2-5 days of registration opening. This is great news for youth cycling development in Manitoba! Unfortunately, on an annual basis, clubs have to turn kids away as there simply are not enough coaches to help facilitate the number of interested kids.
Our current provincial capacity for KOM participants is approximately 300 kids. The opportunity to expand the program is only limited by the number of clubs, coaches, and volunteers available to support it.
How you can Help !
1) Become a certificed coach.
- How? Click (here) for requirements.
- When? See coach course information (here).
- Who ? Perhaps you are a parent already driving your kids to training or to Kids of Mud races? Perhaps you are an athlete interested in giving back to the cycling community? Perhaps you just love riding your bike and want to encourage kids to find and follow their passion.
2) Form a Kids of Mud Club
- Find Program details (Here)
- Affiliate your KOM with the Manitoba Cycling Association. Affiliation options (Here)
- Register your Club onlilne thru (Here)
- For further details about the Kids of Mud program, visit the “KOM” tab on the MCA website, or contact Karin McSherry, Kids of Mud Coordinator :email@example.com
Help us introduce our youth to the joy of cycling, learn the fundamental skills required to ride a bike, and have the opportunity to try racing. The benefits to your club, coaches, and our youth are priceless !!