We are now less than 120 days until the Opening Ceremony of the 2017 Canada Summer Games.
Winnipeg, Gimli and Kenora are ready to celebrate the Hottest Summer in Half a Century and the 50th anniversary of the Canada Games. Featuring 16 sports, over 250 events and a major cultural festival, the stage is almost set to welcome over 4,000 athletes and coaches and more than 20,000 visitors.
But we urgently need your help. Leading up to April 14 we are making a push to reach our goal and we still need 2,000 volunteers, including 500 bilingual, in order to make these Games a success.
Volunteering creates a lasting legacy that transforms the lives of the people who volunteer and the people that benefit. It also puts us in a position to deliver an amazing athlete experience and raise the profile of Winnipeg.
Volunteers will get the following perks:
- ‘Behind the scenes’ access to a major sporting and cultural event.
- Complimentary use of the City of Winnipeg transit system when in uniform and with accreditation.
- Experience first-hand the opportunity to be a part of the largest event hosted in Manitoba since the 1999 Pan Am Games.
- Free admission to the Closing Ceremony Presented by Investors Group (August 13, 2017) at Investors Group Field.
- An exclusive volunteer recognition event after the Games have come to an end.
Your involvement matters and is truly needed. Fill out your application online at canadagames.ca/2017before April 14 and help us to reach our goal. Recruit your friends and family and be a part of The Hottest Summer in Half a Century!
Jeff Hnatiuk, President and CEO, 2017 Canada Summer Games