SORRY, THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED DUE TO LOW REGISTRATION
The MCA is pleased to announce they will be holding a Road and Cyclo-cross Officials Course
Technical Training will take place at the Sport for Life Centre (145 Pacific Ave) on April 14 & 15, 2018 and will be offered free of charge. Upon successful completion of their Practical Assessment, officials are required to maintain their license by committing to a minimum of 3 events each season.
- Day I: Saturday April 14 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Day II: Sunday, April 15 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Location: Sport for Life Centre, 145 Pacific Avenue
- Arlene Woodcock (National Road Commissaire, Canada Cycling Commissaire Learning Facilitator, Canada Cycling Chief Road/Cross Commissaire, Manitoba Cycling Association)
How to Register:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 29th and provide your name and phone number. You will be contacted to confirm your registration. Space is limited!
Commissaires play a critical role in our sport, ensuring that cycling races are held in the best possible conditions and that races are run fairly by ensuring that the rules are uniformly applied.
The MCA is pleased to provide the entry level course for those that are interested in becoming a Road/CX Commissaire.
The structure of the course is as follows:
- Technical: 2 days of classroom training
- Practical Assessment – Officiate in a training capacity at a scheduled race under the guidance of the instructor
- The Technical Course will introduce you to the basics of being a Commissaire as well as fundamental officiating skills. The goal of the training at this level is to build awareness and understanding of how to apply the regulations while learning to execute the officiating skills for the Road & Cross discipline competently. Upon completion of the course, each candidate will be expected to successfully pass a Practical Assessment via officiating in a training capacity under the guidance of the instructor.