MCA: COVID-19 UPDATE
*PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY *
Friday, July 10, 2020
Hello Everyone! We hope you are enjoying the summer, staying safe, and getting out on your bike!
Just a few updates and reminders for July.
Although the Provincial maximum for outdoor gatherings is currently 100 people, we recommend that clubs break out into smaller, manageable groups to ensure participants adhere to physical distancing requirements as laid out by the Provincial Government. The two (2) metre separation requirement, except for brief exchanges is in effect, for all activities, including but not limited to club rides and training. Sanctioned/approved Club rides and activities require the club to be affiliated with the MCA. All participants must have a valid 2020 MCA General Membership. All activities must be formally approved by the MCA in advance to be covered by insurance.
Return to Pay Policy:
MCA’s Return to Play Policy (RTP) for Club rides has been approved by the Provincial Government. All members are required to abide by the “RTP Policy”. The RTP policy is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws, regulations, by-laws, and orders as they may exist from time to time.
- Adult “Return to Play” Club Ride Protocol
- Kids of Mud “Return to Play” Club Ride Protocol
- MCA recommendations for Group Rides during COVID-19
The standard License waiver is signed online by each individual member as part of the online registration process. The new COVID-19 waiver below is in addition to the License waiver and provides a reminder to all participants that the Coronavirus Disease (“COVID-19”) outbreak is a global pandemic. Individuals participating in group activities must be aware of the personal health risks of COVID-19 and participate at their own risk. All U18 participants must have the signed approval of a parent or legal guardian to participate in activities.
“Outbreak Action plan”
Each club is responsible for keeping a list of Club members. Clubs must keep record of the date of each activity held, along with a listing of all participants. Any individual experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 should use the Self-screening tool and get testing for COVID-19. Anyone who tests positive should inform their club personnel or coach immediately. If the affected individual had contact with any other participants in the past 14 days, the club personnel or coach should inform other potentially affected individuals (taking care to keep the affected participant’s identity and medical information private) and ask those who have any symptoms to use the Self-screening tool.
YOUTH BIKE CAMPS:
Starting July 20, the MCA will be offering Youth day camps at Bison Butte. Space is limited. For details and registration please visit mbcycling.ca
- Intermediate (Full day) Camp: July 20-24. Registration is open!
- Novice (half day) Camp: July 27-31. Registration coming soon!
RACING & COMPETITIONS:
The MCA does not have approval to proceed with race events currently. Time Trial Race protocols have been submitted for approval to the Province and are pending. Clubs interested in organizing events should contact their Sport Director or the Manitoba Cycling Association to discuss your event.
- Director – Road Cycling: Don Rose email@example.com
- Director – Mountain Biking: JP Peters firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director – Cyclocross: Olli Hyytiäinen email@example.com
- MCA Executive Director: Twila Cruickshank firstname.lastname@example.org
- Province of Manitoba: Self-screening tool
- Province of Manitoba: Sports Guidelines
- Province of Manitoba: Risk assessment tool for recreational activities
- Province of Manitoba: Restoring safe services
- Cycling Canada: Progressive return to cycling
- Cycling Canada: COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Canada
- World Health Organization
- Government of Canada advice on mass gatherings
- Government of Canada Travel Advice & Advisories
- Sport Manitoba
Previous MCA communications: