*PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY *
Friday, May 01, 2020
The Manitoba Cycling Association has postponed all May events. As some of the restrictions in Manitoba begin to ease, we will closely monitor the direction from the provincial government and health officials, and determine the best course of action for June events to ensure the safety of our members.
As it currently stands, all sanctioned MCA group activity remains in a suspended state until further notice. Please note that the MCA is working closely with Cycling Canada to identify appropriate physical distancing as it relates to cycling. We will relay any progress in future communications.
Manitoba: Restoring Services (Phase One)
This week the Manitoba government announced a phased in plan to support the gradual restoring of services and opening of businesses in Manitoba. As restrictions are eased, the Manitoba government cautions everyone that the oversight, investigation and enforcement of violations will become increasingly more important.
As mentioned, we will be monitoring this first phase closely, particularly any easing of restrictions that pertain to the MCA and our members.
For details, see the Province of Manitoba’s official web page: Restoring safe services.
- Cycling Canada: COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Canada
- World Health Organization
- Government of Canada advice on mass gatherings
- Government of Canada Travel Advice & Advisories
- Cycling Canada
- Sport Manitoba
Previous MCA communications:
- MCA: COVID-10 UPDATE (Apr 24/20)
- MCA: COVID- 19 UPDATE (APR 17/20)
- MCA: COVID-19 UPDATE (APR 10/20)
- MCA: COVID-19 UPDATE (APR 03/20)
- MCA: COVID-19 UPDATE (MAR 27/20)
- MCA: COVID-19 UPDATE (MAR 17/20)