Mountain Bike Enthusiasts, Friends and Family – We Need You!
We are getting down to the last few days of course construction at “Bison Butte” before the Canada Summer Games Test Event and Provincial Championships launch on August 27th
This venue will be one of the major legacies of the 2017 Canada Summer Games and we are excited to unveil it to the public “officially” next week.
“Bison Butte” is a Mountain Bike course located just north of FortWhyte Alive. It’s construction has been possible due to the support and partnerships of FortWhyte Alive, the City of Winnipeg, the Province of Manitoba, the Canada Games Council, and the hands of community members willing to offer their time. It will be a future training facility, a venue to host competitions, and will be a place to ride within our city limits.
Our immediate goal, is to test the course next week. We need MANY VOLUNTEERS to help host next week’s event. No experience required. Orientation for volunteers will be scheduled.
There are many opportunities to suit almost anyone’s schedule. Pick one or several positions – we will ensure you are equipped with proper training and support. Please contact Twila directly (Phone: 204-925-5686 or email)
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24:
THURSDAY, AUGUST 25:
Course Preparation (clean-up/set-up/Staging)
- 3 volunteers: 9 am to 12 noon
FRIDAY, AUGUST 26:
SATURDAY, AUGUST 27 (RACE DAY!)
Information Desk (location tba)
- Shift 1 (2 people): 630 am to 930 am
- Shift 2 (2 people): 930 am to 1230 pm
- Shift 3 (2 people): 1230 pm to 330 pm
Race Check-in for competitors
- Shift 1 (3 people): 7 am to 10 am
- Shift 2 (3 people): 10 am to 1 pm
- Shift 1 (5 people) 630 am to 0930 am
- Shift 2 (3 people) 930 am to 1230 pm
- Shift 3 (3 people) 1230 pm to 330 pm
- Shift 1 (8 people) 8 am to 11 am
- Shift 2 (12 people) 11 am to 4 pm
Volunteer Food Delivery
- (1-2 person) 11 am to 1 pm
Course Tear Down
- (4 people) 5 pm to 8 pm
SUNDAY, AUGUST 28
- (10 people) 10 am to 4 pm