On behalf of the MCA, I would like to thank the many members and partners in our cycling community who have worked together to achieve excellence for the greater good of cycling in Manitoba this year.
2015 has been a great year in many areas of cycling which would not have been possible without the combined efforts of individuals who have collaborated to put on events & clinics, increase participation, lead cycling initiatives, and develop volunteers, officials, and coaches.
Inorder to build upon our organizational strength, we need to continue to increase members and volunteers which enable our cycling community to deliver and enjoy future activities, enhance programming, maintain trails, advocate for cycling in Manitoba, and build stronger committees to help coordinate the efforts and interests of our members.
Although the 2015 race season has come to a close we are working on the 2016 season and beyond and we would love for you to be a part of it!
If you are interested in getting more involved in the new year but don’t know how, please consider the following:
- Join and support a cycling club
- Participate as a committee representative for one of our race disciplines (Road, Mountain bike, Cyclo-cross, BMX, Kids of Mud)
- Train to become a commissaire
- Join the MCA board of Directors
- Start a new club
- Volunteer for the 2016 Powersmart Summer Games as a Coach, Manager, mechanic
- Get involved with trail stewardship and Maintenance of existing and new venues
- Become a community coach
- Assist with Administrative duties
- Support recreation and transportation initatives
- Support your local shops
- Become a learning facilitator
- Volunteer for one of our three 2017 Canada Games events
- Become a MCA member
- Sponsor an event, team, project, race discipline, or cycling development initative
We want to continue to grow cycling in our province and we hope you do too!
For more information on how you can help build capacity in the cycling community please contact the Manitoba Cycling Association at 204-925-5686