Host Club: Olympia Cycling Club
Race Organizer: Hal Loewen (204.489.0931)
Date: June 26, 2011
Location: Grand Beach XC Ski Trails. Turn right off of Highway 12 and and proceed to the Park gate. After you go through the gate (there are no park fees for 2010) go 700 meters and turn right at the sign for the XC ski trails, follow the gravel road, staying to the left to get to the trail head and registration area.
Driving Directions: Google Maps point to point directions from Winnipeg
The race is open to all those with a valid UCI/CCA/MCA/MCA citizen license.
Elite, male and female
Expert, male and female
Comp, male and female
Sport, male and female
U17, male and female
U15, male and female
U13, male and female
U11, male and female
U9, male and female
Registration – on site only:
Registration can be completed in-person by downloading the entry and the waiver forms, filling them out and bringing them to the race. Registration must be included payment of race fees; cash or cheque (make cheques out to the Olympia Cycling Club) only. There are no late registration fees or online registration for this race because of the short turn around in its announcement.
Race Day Registration:
Registration opens at 9:30 and ends 1 hour before your event start.
Sign-in opens at 9:30 and closes 1/2 hour before your event start.
- $25 those holding a UCI/CCA/MCA license
- Free for those holding a MCA citizen license
Race Start Times: 11:00 for the U13; 12:00 noon for U15+
Length of Race by Category*:
- Elite Male: 1:45 – 2:00
- Expert Male, Elite Female: 1:30 – 1:45
- Comp Male, Expert Female, U17 Male: 1:15 – 1:30
- Sport Male, Comp Female, U17 Female: 1:00 – 1:15
- Sport Female, U15, U13, Male and Female: 0:45 – 1:00
* The number of laps listed above is an estimate, the race commissaires will determine the number of laps needed the day of the race.
The adult course is approximately 9 km in length. The race direction is runs counter-clockwise. The race surface is a combination of hard packed trails, rocks, roots, loose sand, and gravel. There are large and small rock to go around and over, including roots. There is a combination of single and double track and is up and down in nature with few flat sections; there are 210 meters of elevation gain over the length of the course.
- All racers bikes must operate a bicycle with both front and rear working brakes.
- All racers must wear a CSA approved helmet while riding on OR off-course (even the parking lot).
- Riders shall act and race with caution and respect for their fellow racers. They shall be held responsible for any accidents that they cause.
- Racers must have their license with them at all times during a race event.
- It is a racer’s responsibility to familiarizing yourself with the race course before the race (marshals will not be obligated to give out directions to confused riders).
- A racer must act in a sporting manner at all times and shall permit any faster rider to overtake without obstructing.
- If a rider exits the course for any reason, he/she must return to the course at the same point from which they exited.
- Music players and electronic devises are NOT allowed by any racers during any events.
- Sleeveless jerseys are NOT allowed.
- You can only wear a jersey of a club or team you currently belong to, no pro team jerseys that you are not a member of; if you do not belong to a club wear any jersey that is not a pro jersey nor a club jersey where you are not a member of that club.
- The current, defending Manitoba Cup winners should wear their Manitoba Cup jersey at cup races. Previous years jerseys should not be worn by previous winners.
- Handlebars must have end caps.
- Glass containers are not allowed on the course, including the feed zone.
Please consult the UCI and CCA rules to see all applicable rules and regulations
Parking is available at the site.
Courtesy and Safety:
The course is open and the public can access the course at any point. Signs will indicate that bike race is in progress , but be aware that marshals do not have authority to prevent people from entering the course. Keep your head up at all times. Be courteous to others.
Washrooms are outhouses